DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
By participating in this course:
• I understand that with neurofeedback, temporary side effects and adverse reactions are possible (see below). People living with a history of traumatic brain injury, epilepsy, depression, and/or developmental trauma can be more sensitive and reactive to training. Because of this additional complexity, working with these patients is not recommended for beginning neurofeedback clinicians.
• I understand and accept full responsibility for the possible risks of neurofeedback.
• I understand that EEGer is a prescription medical device, cleared by the FDA for general relaxation.
• I acknowledge that I understand the risks and will follow recommendations, and be open to feedback and guidance. I will begin by training myself, and check in regularly with my mentor with my questions and progress.
◦ a. Even if I am a licensed healthcare provider, I will be supervised by a licensed and experienced EEGer neurofeedback clinician. The training kit is licensed for Home Use and therefore will require clinical supervision.
b. If I intend to practice neurofeedback as a clinician, I will get appropriate training and I will develop a relationship with an EEGer mentor, who can guide me in the clinical process, such as protocol development and the therapeutic/relational component of brain-training.
As part of the learning experience, my participation is voluntary. Although it is intended that neurofeedback training be beneficial and positive, and usually is, since every person is different, temporary, unpleasant, physical, or emotional effects from the training are possible.
By using the resources in the PIN workshop pages, I accept this disclaimer, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless EEG Learn/EEGER and anyone working with these organizations from any and all claims, suits, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses arising from my neurofeedback experience as a result of these workshops.
About side effects and adverse reactions:
Every brain is unique, and different people respond to neurofeedback differently. Like a physical work-out, training your brain takes energy, and you may feel tired afterwards. Other effects that people have shared: feeling anxious, wired, focused, manic, lethargic, sleepless, off-balance, blissful, clear, motivated, or feeling no effect at all. These effects are generally temporary. Your mentor may have you do a different kind of training to shift into a more stable, regulated state. Having a good relationship with a mentor is key.