In the EEGer Introduction to Neurofeedback you will gain important skills in your journey to become a expert EEGer neurofeedback clinician.
Here's what's included
Introduction to Neurofeedback Didactic: BCIA-approved recorded instructional lectures from Sadar Psychological
EEGer Training Kit: equipment for running live neurofeedback sessions.
EEGer Online Practicum: hands-on small group instruction and mentoring
This course is a complete introduction.
Comprehensive course information is here.
How It Works
Practicing neurofeedback requires equipment. In short, you need a computer (we recommend a laptop that meets certain specifications), an external monitor (optional, but recommended), EEG amplifier, electrodes, security dongle, and some supplies. The training kit will include everything you need excluding the computer and external monitor.
The training kit will allow you to learn the basics of running sessions, and allow training with your clinical mentor. Here is how getting equipment works:
1. You provide your shipping address, and EEG Store will send you a training kit. Locally, you may also want to get some rubbing alcohol, cotton balls, and paper towel or wipes.
2. Ensure you have a computer that meets the minimum requirements, or purchase one that does. The computer needs to have a Windows Operating System and a dedicated graphics card. If you plan to do this professionally, we recommend having a computer specifically for neurofeedback. The software's minimum requirements can be found on the EEG Store website, here. If you have questions about these, EEG Store can help you through this process.
3. Once you have the training kit and computer, you are ready to install the software. You can follow the directions here, or join one of our group sessions for help.
4. Now you are ready for the first EEGer Online Practicum session, and can run replay sessions to start getting comfortable with the software.Because EEGer is classified as a medical device, your system will be using a limited software license. This type of license requires the involvement of a mentor to set up protocols.
5. Once you have completed the course and successfully run a few sessions with your mentor, we will upgrade your software license to the full version. At this stage, you will have a month to continue learning before you will choose how to proceed with EEGer. This may be beginning a monthly subscription, choosing a payment plan that meets the needs of you and your practice, or returning parts of the training kit if you feel EEGer isn't right for you.
EEGer Online Practicum Session Dates (Live)
Jan 21, Jan 28, Feb 04 and Feb 11
12pm - 3pm EDT/EST
This program, when attended in its entirety, is available for 36 credit hours continuing education credits.
EEG Education & Research is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. EEG Education & Research maintains responsibiilty for this program and its content.
To qualify for continuing education credits, you are required to do the following.
1. Watch each lecture video in its entirety.
2. Pass the corresponding quiz for each lecture with a score of 75% correct or better.
3. Complete the course evaluation form.
Once you satisfy these requirements, you will be emailed a link to download the CE certificate.
BCIA certification in neurofeedback
The IND didactic part of this course is accepted by BCIA for 36 hours credit toward certification in neurofeedback.
Many other professions accept APA CEs. Please check with your state licensing organization to confirm if they will accept APA Ces.
Conflict of Interest and Commercial Support
In these courses there is no conflict of interest nor commercial support for the programs -- Any possible conflict of interest or other ethical ambiguity will be transparently and immediately reported
Accessibility and Non-Discrimination
EEG Learn is committed to accessibility and non-discrimination. Understanding the limitations of diversity, equity, and inclusion as goals or end points, we see these as a part of our day-to-day work of learning and taking action. Get in touch for more info.
Although attending these courses and webinars itself poses no risk, participants accept responsibility for any risks involved in implementing content learned here. Participants agree to indemnify and hold faultless EEG Learn, EEG Education & Research, and its partners for any negative outcomes from such implementation.
If you purchase a webinar or course, you may receive a refund by requesting it in writing within 24 hours of purchase. The refund amount is the price you paid minus 10% to cover card processing. If you are unable to attend a live presentation and miss the 24 hour cutoff for a refund, you will be provided access to the recording.
For live courses and mentoring sessions, the recording is usually available within a few days of the live session. It will remain accessible to participants for 30 days.
If there is a live meeting, the link will be sent to attendees about 3 hours before the session. Please make sure your email address is correct, and that you remain subscribed to our emails.